Kyphosis tips | Dowagers hump fashion tips
These fashion hints and Kyphosis tips will make all the difference in how you look and feel.
If you have developed a back hump from Osteoporosis of the spine, then you know how hard it is to get your clothes to fit right or to look good.
Here are some practical suggestions and Kyphosis tips:
- Wear two piece outfits. This means that your hem line will not 'hike up' in the back or droop in the
front to compensate for extra material being used by your shoulders.
- Use an over blouse rather than a top that tucks into your waist. This allows your top to move as needed without
popping out of your waistband or bunching and hanging over it.
- Tops that have gathers or pleats at the neck line will hang better
- A loose jacket over your outfit - an 'over jacket' is helpful. Broad cloth, denim, or other material that
will retain its shape/body is a good choice.
More Fashion Kyphosis tips:. You may want to check out
Store: Clothing for Special Needs
- Simple woven prints or solid prints will work well. Use a contrasting scarf and pin to center attention on
- Avoid any tendency to choose 'dowdy' colors. Let your colors show that you are a remarkable woman . You
may have a back hump but you have lots of spirit too. You can be a positive presence in any group!
- If you are using a cane or walking stick for balance, make it a fashion statement. There are many elegant
carved walking sticks available on the internet or in outdoor/hiking type stores.
What is nice about a walking stick is that you are not pressing down on the handle and so there is much less pressure on your wrist and elbow. If you are using a cane, why not buy a colorful one. If you have it, flaunt it. Your cane or walking stick can attract they eye of the onlooker so as to deflect it from your back hump.
- Hats can be wonderfulYes, hats can be part of Fashion Kyphosis tips ... and they are often a necessity in colder climates. In recent years there have been a number of companies making snug, pull on hats in bright fashion colors.
You do not want an overlarge hat -especially if your head balances forward of your body. People will find it hard to see your face under a wide brim.
- Be careful of any tendency to over accessories. If you have a cane or walking stick, let that be your main accessory. If you do not use a cane or walking stick, then chose one piece - a pin for a scarf, a beautiful bracelet. You do not want to look like a peddlers cart of jewels and you want to avoid long rope necklaces that will sway as you walk.
End of Kyphosis Tips for good fashion.
Nelli Thornton, a talented woman from England has spent time working through some of the problems you face if you have an unusual body shapes.
She has written a book , Fashion for Disabled People published by B. t. Batsford, London. It gives exact directions for altering clothing or patterns for anyone looking for dowagers hump fashion suggestions.
You can buy her book Fashion for Disabled People. Just type the name in Amazon's search box: (It will fit)
If you sew, I recommend getting a copy for good fashion Kyphosis tips. If you do not sew, I strongly recommend finding a dress maker or good tailor and getting one or two outfits made - especially for you. I know that dress making can sometimes be expensive BUT it is really worth it to have a couple outfits that you know fit you well and do not give you that 'bound' feeling that wearing store bought clothes can do.
Oh, yes, and do suggest to your dressmaker that she might build in room for a bit of alteration in case your
back hump increases over time.
If you are on a limited income, why not ask your children or grandchildren or even your friends that when they are considering a gift that you would really like a special made two piece dress. Many times people wonder what to give an older person who does not need another 'gee gaw' or box of candy. You do not need more knick kancks and candy. Why not let them know what you really want and suggest a gift from:
Imagine: Buying a two piece dress that really looks nice! Mmmm. Real Dowagers hump fashion there! And if you ask, you offer them the pleasure of knowing that they gave you, something you really want.
To read more about Kyphosis or back hump go to: Kyphosis tips - information about Dowagers hump
There are additional fashion tips for older women at Arthritis Clothes and Fashion for
Before you leave. Consider trying my free monthly Newsletter. Tips, latest research. No ads - ever!
Click on Monthly Newsletter