Aging skin needs special care and protection. Here is a list of thing that can ruin your skin. Avoid them if you want your skin to remain beautiful as you age.
These things will accelerate the signs of age in your skin.
1. Smoking or chewing tobacco.
2. Sunburns and wind burns. Use sunscreen with a SPF above 15. And reapply it often while you are in the sun or wind.
3. Keep your baths and showers short....Do not lie in a hot tub for long periods and try to avoid exposing your skin to water.
4. Regulate the humidity in your home - dry air is not good for your skin.
5. Exercise regularly so your blood is pumped through all your capillaries.
6. Avoid eating a 'fast food diet' or one with lots of highly processed foods. Eat plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables.
Japan is one of the nations with the oldest living populations - both men and women. In 2009 the Journal of Epimediology published a study of elders (both men and women) and found that hyperpigmentation, pores, texture, and wrinkling was directly related to smoking and topical sun protection. And they found that these factors affected the skin of men even more than they did the skin women.
Click on the link to read the complete study of Aging Skin in Japan
If you want youthful looking skin, you CAN have it. But it means living a 'skin gentle' life style.
First, you need to avoid exposure to the sun - even on cloudy days. Get sun protectors of high SPF and use it...often. Repeat application any time you go into and exit the water...as well as every few hours. This is a case of better too much than too little.
Second. Be careful how much water you expose your skin to. No, you do not have to go 'dirty' but you can remove makeup with cleansing creams before you wash your face. But soap know for its gentleness. And do not scrub you skin - leave any 'scrubbing' to a professional who knows what he or she is doing.
Third. Eat the foods known to be good for your skin. Among these you will find:Berries: Blackberries, blueberries, strawberries, and plums
Fourth. Eat foods high in Essential Fatty Acids: Salmon, Walnuts, Canola Oil, and Flax Seed.
Fifth. Use oils that have been cold pressed, expeller processed, or those that are 'extra virgin'.
Sixth. Eat enough foods that are high in selenium such as whole-wheat bread, muffins, and cereals; turkey, tuna and brazil nuts.
Do all these things and you will avoid the Aging skin look!
Want to read more? Go to Aging dermis ( the outer layer of your skin)