Aging skin needs special care and protection. One of the first things you want to do is to avoid those things that can ruin your skin as you age.
Six things that accelerate the signs of age in your skin.
1. Smoking or chewing tobacco.
2. Sunburns and wind burns. (You can avoid this by using sunscreen with a SPF above 15. ) Be sure to reapply it often when you are in the sun or the wind.
3. Excess water. Try to avoid exposing your skin to water. Keep baths and showers short! Don't lie in a hot tub for long periods.
4.Regulate the humidity in your home - dry air is not good for your skin.
5. Exercise regularly so your blood is pumped through all your capillaries.
6. Eat plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables. Avoid eating lots of highly processed or 'fast' foods.
Follow these 6 tips and you will see the effects in less than a year.
Japan is one of the nations with the oldest living populations - both men and women. In 2009 the Journal of Epimediology published a study of elders (both men and women) and found that hyperpigmentation, pores, texture, and wrinkling was directly related to smoking and topical sun protection. And they found that these factors affected the skin of men even more than they did the skin women.
Click to read the full study: Aging Skin in Japan
If you want youthful looking skin, you CAN have it. But it means making some changes and living a 'skin gentle' life style.
1. You need to avoid the sun - even on cloudy days. Get a sun protector with high SPF and use it...often. If you are swimming, repeat the application any time you go in and out the water. And repeat applications every few hours too. With sun protection it is better too much than too little.
2. Be careful how much water you allow on your skin. You do not have to go 'dirty' but you can remove makeup with cleansing creams before you wash your face. Also, buy a soap know for its gentleness. And do not scrub you skin. If you want your skin scrubbed, go to a professional who knows what s/he is doing. This is important
3. Eat the foods known to be good for the skin. Among the best are: Blackberries, blueberries, strawberries, and plums Organic and fresh are best. But do think of buying frozen when the season is over.
4. Eat foods high in Essential Fatty Acids: Salmon, Walnuts, Canola Oil, and Flax Seed.
5. Use oils that are cold pressed, expeller processed, or those that are 'extra virgin'. Read labels.
6. Eat foods that are high in selenium such as whole-wheat bread, muffins, cereals, turkey, tuna and Brazil nuts.
All these things can slow any Aging skin look!
Want to read more on this topic? Go to Aging dermis ( About the outer layer of your skin)
If you would like to share your experience about your own aging skin care, please use the form below. Just be sure to put the url from the top of this page at the beginning of your post, so I know where to place your comments. Thanks. I know that other readers would like to learn from your experience.
Do you have a great story about this? Share it!
Need money? You can create an income producing web site of your own. SBI teaches you what to do step by step from choosing the best topic to how to get paid. Why not explore it? I did. Click to learn more