Anti-aging tonics, supplements for your brain
Anti-aging tonics or supplements are seldom discussed by medical doctors in Western cultures but they are central in the medical traditions through out much of the rest of the world.
My first exposure to these tonics and supplements for renewing and rejuvenating the body and mind came from reading a book by a well known clinician, a graduate of Harvard Medical School and UCLA School of Medicine, a member of the Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine.
His name is Dharma Singh Khalsa M.D. and he has written an important book about Brain longevity .
In this book, Dr. Khalsa devotes an entire section to Anti-aging tonics for cognitive enhancement.
First an overview of health related tonics: what they are and what is their role in tonifying and rejuvenating mind and body:
Anti-Aging tonics FAQ (Frequently asked Questions)
- Just what is a tonic supposed to do? Tonics may strengthen an organ, a gland or
your entire health system.
- Who should use a tonic? You do not have to be sick to use a tonic. Often an organ or glad may be working normally and still a health care practitioner will suggest a tonic to improve its function even more.
Western medicine has focused, for the most part, on repairing that which is damaged or not working as it should. Much of Eastern medicine focuses on improving function so that our bodies operate at optimal level and organs do not become damaged in the first place.
In Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) tonic are prescribed to verify and to reverse 'downward spirals' so that person becomes more balanced and experiences greater fullness of life. (Source: the Ancient Wisdom of Chinese Tonic Herbs by Ron Teeguarden.
- If these substances are so powerful, is there any danger in using them? For the most part TCM tonics are foods. Although a food may disagree with you, that is usually a passing thing and it stops as soon as we stop eating the food. Still, anyone wishing to use some of the more potent or complex TCM tonics, would do well to consult a qualified practitioner.
I note that the substances I include o this page have all been reviewed in scientific studies and/or reviewed by qualified medical practitioners. (There are references to published studies so you can check the scientific underpinnings
if you want.
NOTE: I continue to add research material to this site as I find it, so you may want to book mark this page or sign up for the RSS feed (on the Left Blue Navigation bar) so you get notice of updates and new articles.
Articles about Anti-aging tonics
Your can buy some anti-aging tonics at Amazon
Keep up with the latest news Subscribe to Anit-Aging News
Go to our Anti-Aging Articles HOME PAGE
Have A Great Story or Information About This Topic?
Do you have a great story about this? Share it!
Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...
Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?
- Click on the HTML link code below.
- Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment,
your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.
Home | Privacy | Financial Disclosure | Donate