Brain Longevity: The Breakthrough Medical Program that Improves Your Mind and Memory
by Dharma Singh Khalsa and Cameron Stauth
This book offers information and practical advice to those wanting to prevent Cognitive decline. It also offers information and examples of persons who have slowed and even reversed memory loss. It is well written. The information is based on scientific studies and Dr. Dharma Singh Khalsa practice.
I know of at least two people who have said that the book made it possible for them to stop or reverse their own memory loss.
I recommend reading it. In fact you may want to buy a copy so you can refer back to its information frequently.
Topics covered in Brain Longevity
- The role of Cortisol in brain health. Cortisol is created in our bodies when we are under stress.
Studies by Robert Sapolsky of Stanford and Herbert Benson of Harvard show a strong correlation between high levels of cortisol (or high levels of stress) and symptoms such as memory loss. Chronic stress turns out to be a very important cause of mental decline. Keeping cortisol levels low appears
to preserves brain health and cognitive skills.
- The role of exercise in brain function Many people do not realize just how important exercise is to retaining brain function as they age.
Aerobic exercise such as bicycling, swimming and walking fast enough to get your heart into its Target Heart Rate are important. This book tells you why and it offers suggestions about just how much aerobic exercise is needed to gain Cognitive Benefits and prevent memory loss.
- Learning and Brain Improvement Remaining mentally active is thus the key to being able to sustain mental activity no matter how old a person becomes. The belief that the older you get, the less you can learn and remember, is 'wrong headed'. Persons who go back to school to earn their first or even
a second or third college degree after age 50, are doing something remarkable for their brains because "learning new things, for instance) stimulates the release of neurotransmitters, as well as the formation of new neural pathways through the growth of new dendritic branches. (It’s not the size of the brain that determines intelligence, but the number of connections.)".
Anyone thinking of returning to college but who is concerned about paying for it, should read Scholarships and Grants just for Senior Citizens (I note that you will find links to additional information and articles on that page.)
Learning is important.
But some people do not want college. Instead they learn new languages, participate in mind building games or apprentice themselves to lean a new trade. Thousands of seniors are using their hobbies or knowledge to build an online business. This not only teaches them new skills but it brings them an
steady income - even while they sleep. To learn more about this, go to Learning new things and building an online business at the same time
- Supplements IN Brain Longevity Dharma Singh Khalsa offers you the names and the appropriate dosages of a number of supplements that he has found helpful for his clients. These chapters alone, are worth the price of this book.
Buy a copy - either new or used
Amazon - the most popular but not always the cheapest. Shop
Biblio - smaller, supports Independent bookstores, often has savings over the big sites. Save on 50 million quality used books.Search for Brain Longevity at Biblio.com.
Find more suggestions at Books
Click here for the Anti-Aging-Articles Index
Have A Great Story or Information About This Topic?
Do you have a great story about this? Share it!
Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...
Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?
- Click on the HTML link code below.
- Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment,
your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.
Home | Privacy | Financial Disclosure | Donate