Anti-aging quotations. Feel free to copy and use any of these quotations. If you plan to put any in an email or on a web page, I would appreciate your putting a link back to this page so others can find the page. Thank you.
- Aging is not lost youth but a new stage of opportutnity and strength. Betty Friedan.
- Just as darkness is sometimes as the absence of light, so age is defined as the absence of youth. Betty Friedan Fountain of Age, p. 104 Simone Schuster.
- All my life I've been taught how to die, but no one ever taught me how to grow old. Billy Graham. Newsweek, August 14, 2006.
- The complete life, the perfect pattern, includes old age as well as youth and maturity. The beauty of the morning and the radiance of noon are good, but it would be a very silly person who drew the curtains and turned on the light in order to shut out the tranquillity of the evening. Old age has its pleasures, which, though different, are not less than the pleasures of youth. W. Sommerset Maughn The Summing Up.
- Sixty feels exactly like 50, with aching feet and more forgetfulness.... But your inside person doesn't age. Your inside person is soul, is heart, in the eternal now, the ageless, the old, the young, all the ages you've ever been. Anne Lamott, Salon, November 3, 2014.
- Science as culture misdirects the way in which old age is understood. Rather than valuing life in all its diversity, including its final phase, it leads to misguided devotion of resources to solving the problem of death. The focus on biological failure sets up a cultural construction of old age which leads to the low esteem in which it is currently held." John A. Vincent, "Marketing Immortality", JSTOR Daily, February 2, 2017
- If you see old age as a time when you stop doing and stay still, you won't get to experience all the joys of being human: discovering, developing, expanding. There is no age at which we must abandon our dreams and surrender our possibilities. ANDREA BRANDT, "4 Keys to Increase Your Happiness As You Get Older", Psychology Today, February 1, 2017
- Old age is particularly difficult to assume because we have always regarded it as something alien, a foreign species. SIMONE DE BEAUVOIR, The Coming of Age
- The solitude in which we are left by the death of our friends is one of the great evils of protracted life. When I look back to the days of my youth, it is like looking over a field of battle. All, all dead! and ourselves left alone midst a new generation whom we know not, and who know not us. THOMAS JEFFERSON, letter to Francis Adrian Van Der Kemp, January 11, 1825
- In youth all doors open outward; in old age all open inward. HENRY WADSWORTH LONGFELLOW, Table-Talk
- As life runs on, the road grows strange With faces new, and near the end The milestones into headstones change, 'Neath every one a friend. JAMES RUSSELL LOWELL, Sixty-eighth Birthday
- Beautiful young people are accidents of nature, but beautiful old people are works of art. Eleanor Roosevelt.
Have A Great Story or Information About This Topic?
Do you have a great story about this? Share it!
Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...
Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?
- Click on the HTML link code below.
- Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment,
your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.
Home | Privacy | Financial Disclosure | Donate