Food aging connection
Food aging connection. Scientists now know that some foods are bad for your health. They can lead to diabetes and cardiovascular disease. They speed aging, often increase the risk of diseases as you age. Some even increase your risk for Osteoporosis.
What are these unhealthy foods? The list is not long but it covers many of the foods consumed in the developed world. Here
are some of the top unhealthy foods:
- Refined sugar and corn syrup sweeteners. Check labels.
- Tobacco in all its forms. Tobacco contains cadmium, which is a poison. Exposure to 2nd hand smoke
exposes you to cadmium and its effects.
- Caffeine - coffee, colas, energy drinks, some over the counter medications. Read labels..
- Hydrogenated oils - those that are hard at room temperature.
- Fruits and vegetables grown with pesticides. Buy organic produce or if that is not possible buy produce from local farms and orchards that use minimal pesticide.
SPECIAL NOTE: Strawberries and bell peppers are among the most pesticide laced products. It is worth paying extra for organic.
if you would like to grow organic salad makings in your own kitchen, try Aero-garden. The initial outlay is high but when you figure you will not be using the car to drive to market AND you will have fresh organic salads all year round, it is well worth the cost. AND they offer a money back
guarantee. Click on: Aerogarden.
- Red meat from fattened for market in feed lots and chickens raised in 'factory farms'. These are often laced with hormones and antibiotics....neither of which you want. If you going to
eat meat, go to the grass fed, organic section of the counter. The higher price will help you keep meat in its proper place in your diet.
- Genetically Modified Food (GMOs). At present this is about 50% of all soy and corn.
Even organic soy and corn can have GMOs in it unless otherwise stated. Again, read labels
If you want to find out what specific foods have been found to have Anti-aging qualities go to Food aging: what foods slow the aging process
Click here for the main page about Anti-aging food