Memory tests. If you are concerned about your ability to remember, you may be interested in testing your ability to remember things. Of course you can go to a neurologist and have
a good neurological workup but many of us simply wonder if our forgetting is serious enough for concern.
If your friends or relatives are commenting about your forgetting things - names, appointments or what you did last week, you may want to get a medical check up soon. Memory loss and forgetting is associated with a whole host of medical conditions including Vitamin B12 deficiency. B12 deficiency is
common among seniors and it can lead to a host of problems including dementia if it is not caught in time. To learn more about this go to : Vitamin B12 deficiency .
But if you simply want some tests of your immediate and short term memory, and your the ability to recall something just seen, there are some simple Memory tests that you can take right now.
- To take these, you need a pencil and paper and a surface where you can write while still
using your computer monitor.
- You will want to take these Memory tests without the radio or TV playing, so you
can really concentrate.
(Of course you may want to repeat them later on, say in a week or son, while you have some distractions around
you such as the TV or the radio. This would give you a good sense of how much ordinary distractions interfere
with your ability to remember.)
Since there are a number of different forms of remembering: words, faces etc. there are several different
tests. After you go to the page with one test and complete it, hit your back button so you return here for the
link to the next one. This will allow you to assess several forms of remembering.
Here are the links
- Your ability to remember letters flashed on the screen can be tested with First of the Short Term Memory Tests
- Here is a second test for this same skill of
Remembering letters Don't forget to return to this page if you want the rest of these tests.
- Now test of your ability to remember facial expressions. The neat thing about this one is that you can also use it to practice and improve your ability. Go to
Remembering Faces test
- Here is another test of your ability to remember images. NOTE: this one could be a bit difficult if you have cataracts or other vision problems, so do not get 'spooked' if you find it hard to distinguish all the features. Just do your best on
the U.S.A. Penny test
So how did you do?
These are not the only sorts of Memory tests but I hope that you found them fun and helpful. If you would like to read about ways to improve your memory, go the Thought and Memory Information page and scroll down to the list of articles at the end.
NOTE: Memory is such an important topic for us as we age, that I am adding pages to this section as soon as I find additional research studies. Do check
Thought and Memory Information page every few
weeks or subscribe to our RSS feed for updates of new articles. See: left Navigation Bar to subscribe to the RSS feed.
Have A Great Story or Information About This Topic?
Do you have a great story about this? Share it!
Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...
Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?
- Click on the HTML link code below.
- Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment,
your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.
Home | Privacy | Financial Disclosure | Donate