Retirement sayings If you are writing a speech for a retirement party, you may want to add a few quotes or sayings. These can be joking or serious. You want to find something that the person you are celebrating will like.
This list of sayings runs from the humorous to the very serious.
Try to pick something that fits the person you are celebrating.
- Retirement is wonderful. It's doing nothing without worrying about getting caught at it. Gene Perret
- I'm retired - goodbye tension, hello pension! Author unknown
- The money’s no better in retirement but the hours are! Author unknown
- Do every act of your life as if it were your last. Marcus Aurelius
- It is time I stepped aside for a less experienced and less able workers. Author unknown
- When one door closes, another one opens but we often look so long and regretfully at the closed door that we fail to see the one that has opened for us. Alexander Graham Bell
- Old age is an excellent time for outrage. My goal is to say or do at least one outrageous thing every week. Maggie Kuhn
An effective way to use your retirement sayings Repeat the same saying several times in your speech. Put it at the beginning, Repeat it in the middle and then end
with it. People will remember it. Be sure to choose a saying that fits your guest of honor. Your speech should 'round out the day' that marks the end of full time work.
- Retirement takes all the meaning out of weekends. Anonymous
- Retirement has been a discovery of beauty for me. I never had the time before to notice the beauty of my grand kids, my wife, the tree outside my very own front door. And, the beauty of time itself. Hartman Jule
- ou don't stop laughing because you grow old; you grow old
because you stop laughing. Michael Pritchard
- Retirement is wonderful if you have two essentials — much to live on and much to live for. Author unknown
- Retirement, a time to enjoy all the things you never had time to do when you worked. Author unkonw
- A perpetual holiday is a good working definition of hell. George Bernard Shaw
- Musicians don’t retire; they stop when there’s no more music in them. author unknown
- Don't simply retire from something; have something to retire to. Harry Emerson Fosdick
- Doing what you like in your retirement at this moment puts you in the best place for the next moment. Author unknown
Click here for more Retirement sayings