Grants Older women
Grants Older women - they do exist! If you are over the age of 35, you may be eligible. On this page
you will find: The names of foundations and agencies that offer such grants
Foundations and agencies that offer Grants for Older Women
If you are are an older woman looking for a grant for college or to get job training, you may be interested in following.
- AARP Women's Scholarship Program was launched in 2007. You will find details at
- The Business and Professional Women's Institute Scholarship Program is another program to assist low
income women gain a degree. To read more information about this program, including lists of past recipients and the specific criteria for applications go to
Business and Professional Women's Institute Scholarship program
- The Charlotte W. Newcombe Foundation offers Newcombe Scholarships for Mature Women Students. To read more about this resource click on Charlotte W. Newcombe Foundation Scholarship Program
- The Jeannette Rankin Foundation is a non-profit organization dedicated to raising funds for, and awarding
scholarships to low-income women, ages 35 and older. Successful applicants need to show "how a college education will benefit herself, her family, and her community." If you want to learn more about this program click on
Grants Older Women: Jeannette Rankin Foundation
- Talbots a nationwide women’s clothing retail business, offers 55 scholarships every year to women who
earned a high school diploma or a GED at least 10 years ago and are now in college or seeking to begin.
Awards include 5 grants of $10,000 each and 55 grants of $1,000. SEE:
Grants older women college
Individual Colleges and Universities
University of Wisconsin Scholarship
Program for Older Women
- In addition there are colleges and universities in almost every state in the USA that offer free tuition to any adult over the age of 65. It is really worth asking you state education bureau for information or you can call the Federal Student Aid Information Center at 1-800-433-3243
and ask them if there are any programs for women of your age bracket.
There is money out there. Asking in one place may lead you to another. Always end your conversation
about student aid and scholarships with: "I really appreciate your taking time to answer my question. Before I leave, I wonder if you might offer any suggestions of where else I might try or who I might contact about this?
You will astonished at how often women get 'just the right lead' from such a question asked at the end of a conversation.
Much luck to you.
More information about grants and scholarships:
There are additional page about Scholarships for Seniors and Grants Older women on this web site. Do read:
- Scholarships for older women and men
- Scholarships for Seniors
- Grants for Seniors includes educations, health care, housing etc.
NOTE I have provided several pages about grants and scholarships. You can be sure you have found them all by using the SEARCH box on this site.
Please do not ask me to provide individual advice. I am not a 'college financial aid officer' or a 'social services administrator' and so can not address individual cases. You need to start by making your own contacts. Thanks for understanding.
Keep up with the latest anti-aging news. Each month you can have a short newsletter delivered to you
mailbox from me. No ads. No gimmicks. Just the latest research I have found. Go to:
Newsletter sign up
Click here to for more Anti-aging Articles
Need money? You can create an income producing web site of your own. SBI teaches you what to do step by step from choosing the best topic to how to get paid. Why not explore it? I did. Click to learn more