Retirement speech ideas ; Retirement speech samples
Retirement speech ideas - the best speeches leave a 'good feeling' after they are over. They not only should help the retiree but also let everyone in the organization know that their work will be appreciated when it is their turn to leave. If you keep those two ideas in mind, you will find it easy to build your own Retirement speech samples.
Here are 5 Retirement speech ideas
- Start off by thanking the person for his or her service.
- You might mention how long the person has worked for the company or organization and give statistics about the size or focus of the organization when the retiree was first hired.
- Next you will want to do a brief review of positions held or if the person is still working in the same position
as when hired, you might mention some of the changes that have taken place over they years and then add that the
retiree was able to adapt and keep serving the company or organization
- After this brief history on the job more good Retirement speech ideas are to say something about what the retiree has contributed to the company and/or has meant to those present. Here is a place for a few stories (positive ones, please).
If the setting is informal you might ask 3 or 4 people who know the person well to contribute to your Retirement speech ideas
by sharing an anecdote or story. Here is the place where light hearted reflections help with Retirement speech ideas.
- Then , you do NOT want to prolong things so end quickly with some good wishes for the future and if possible
an invitation not to be a stranger and keep in touch. Example if retirees are included as invitees to holiday parties
or annual outings be sure to say that. It helps NOT to think one is being cut off from all future contacts just because
one is retiring. The person may never take up such invites but it is nice to hear them on the day of retirement celebration.
Sample retirement speeches
Here are two short Sample retirement speeches - one for a person who you know has been 'counting the days' to leave
and another for someone who is feeling ambivalent or sad to be leaving work.
- Today is the day we are marking XXXX retirement. In some ways this is a sad say for us because we are losing a good
colleague (worker). XXXX has been with this organization (company) since 19xx. S/he was hired by (insert name)
as a (position) and over the years helped make this company/organization what it is. Now s/he is retiring and we
will miss the (name some qualities) that we have come to expect and rely on. (Name) will be missed and we all know that.
But we hope that you will not forget us. Send an email, come to the holiday party. Let us know how you are doing but PLEASE
do not revel us with too many good stories or we may find harder to stay at our jobs.
(Name) good luck. All the best. We wish you well and thank you for your many years of service.
END - go shake the person's hand and sit down.
- A second Sample retirement speech.
(Name), Today you are retiring from (name of organization). We will miss you and your good work
We will miss your morning greeting to each of us as you passed. We will miss your good humor, your willingness to listen to us - especially when we were facing some real obstacles but we will miss most of all your good work. Thank you for that. Thank you for all you have contributed to this organization. (Here you might list some highlights.)
We want to wish you well. I know you plan to (mentions some things you know the person is planning). I hope you enjoy and find new meanings beyond work. Retirement can be and has been the most meaningful years of life. You deserve all the best. May you find it.
Thanks again. We wish you well. (Then start to applaud - and hope that audience joins in)
End of Sample retirement speeches.
If you want to add some quotations to include, click on MORE Retirement speech ideas
Here are some funny quotations for you to include Sample retirement speeches
Click here for Retirement toasts
Create an income producing web site of your own. Click to learn more