Dresses older women: Style and fashion tips
Dresses Older women. When you wear the 'right clothes for you' you will find compliments coming your way. Oh, they
may not always be about your clothes. Some will say, "Oh, you are looking good. Have you been on vacation?" or someone else might say, "So good to see you. You look so well!". But you will know that your clothing choices have a lot to do with that.
If you are like most women, you have probably found that your Waist has become broader and you have lost any 'hour glass' look you might have had. Some women find their shoulders roll forward slightly and so their dress tops no longer fit snugly. Others find their breasts begin to sag. Also, as you age your skin and hair undergo changes in color. it happens slowly but clothing colors you have used for years may longer light up
If you are to look your best you will need to make some changes. You can still look stylish. You can even look stunning - if you know what will flatter this new you.
Here are some fashion tips from professional clothing consultants.
Fashion tips: Dresses Older Women
- Color Color is one of the most important aspects of Dresses Older Women. Jo Ann Nicholson, a color clothing consultant,says that there is a tint or shade in
every color that will look flattering on you. Some women say, "Oh, I can not wear blue or I can not wear brown." And it is true that you might not be able to wear just any blue or brown. But Nicholson advises that among the many tints and shades, there is one that will make you look marvelous.
Now is the time to start anew. Check out : Fashion and Color in Dresses Older Women
- Having a distinct style is even more important. It allows you to have a 'personal look' and makes shopping easier. Check out Style after age 50
Finding the Best Fit in Dresses Older Women.
Clothing manufacturers have changed the sizing on most women's clothes. The American Society for Testing and Materials, a nonprofit group of scientists and statisticians, began measuring women back the 1990's in order to set new dress size standards.
- Measure every year - twice a year if you have gained or lost weight. In Europe clothing manufacturers put the bust, waist and hip sizes on the label. Few manufacturers outside Europe do this. So if you are 'buying Dresses Older Women off the rack' you can either take a tape measure with you and get a rough idea of waist and hip sizes before you take an outfit into the dressing room or you can save yourself some frustration by taking 2 or 3 sizes of the same outfit with you.
- Do not buy 'skin tight' clothes. They do not flatter. People will think your are 'cheap' or silly for
trying to dress as some teens do. Maturity can be beautiful. But you need to find the right Dresses Older Women
- If you have special needs, you might want to read suggestions about shopping for
Dresses older women with
arthritis or Choosing clothes
if you have Kyphosis or a back hump ( Dowagers hump ) s
Tips about style: Dresses Older women
If your hips are wide, be sure that the sleeves of your outfit do not end at your hips. Shorter or longer
- Unless you are very tall AND have a narrow waist, avoid large, decorative or contracting belts. If you
find an outfit you like but the belts is not the same color as the dress, see if there is enough
If you have 'squared out' two piece dresses or dresses with jackets or cardigan sweaters that extend past your waist are often flattering. Again, try the outfit on. Step back from the mirror. If possible see yourself in a hallway so you get the 'far picture' as well as up close.
Always be sure that clothing is returnable. Sometimes dressing room lights give a very different
look from what you will have in natural sunlight or in your home. Plan to try things on at home within 24 hours of purchase. If the color no longer looks 'right' return the outfit immediately.
I really enjoy shopping on line - especially if I know the company. Lands End, J.C. Penny and other stores have excellent web sites now. Ordering is easy, shipping is fast and you do not have to waste gas driving to the mall or from store to store. AND web sites often have special sale pages that are not present in their catalogs.
If you shop on line, you will find that many store web sites now allow you to zoom in and out when looking at an outfit. This gives a much better sense of an outfit than seeing a single picture in a catalog. Some sites also allow you to see outfits in various colors - very different from just seeing a color patch in
If you shop online for Dresses older women be sure to read the 'terms of sale'. Check that the online stores offers refunds and exchanges. Nothing is a bargain if it is going to sit in your closet unused.
Oh, and if you worry about giving out your credit card number, do consider opening a paypal account. They are one of the most secure web sites for buying and selling on line. Even Ebay uses them It is worth considering opening an account because NO one can charge your account any more than you have deposited.
A real safety that traditional credit cards do not have.
Read more articles about Fashion Older women - tips for looking your best
Have A Great Story or Information About This Topic?
Do you have a great story about this? Share it!
Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...
Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?
- Click on the HTML link code below.
- Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment,
your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.
Home | Privacy | Financial Disclosure | Donate