Anti-aging supplements have been in the news for years. They have also been in ads. You have seen: "Buy XYZ Product and look younger" and "Buy ABC and live vigorously until you are 100". Everyone wants a pill or a potion to ensure a long, healthy, attractive life.
But such products seldom live up to the claims made in the ads.
Today we still dream of something to guarantee good health and vigor into our old age. The good news is that scientists are making some real breakthroughs in this area.
We now have supplements that DO WORK. Also, research shows a number of supplements that may do the job. Although ads are still full of marketing hype there appear to be some products that are worth buying.
How can you tell which ones will work and which ones are just hype?
RESEARCH . You need to know what real research is showing. One of the reasons why I study scientific reports is to bringyou exactly what scientists have found out about supplements. Which work and which are a waste of money.
This section of the web site is where you will find summaries of scientific findings. My hope is that this section on supplements will be useful. As I find new material about Anti-aging supplements, I shall add it to the page.
- A natural chemical that reduces cardio-vascular disease, repairs DNA damage, has anti-cancer propertiesand increases longevity.
New York Times headlined a story in its business section in February 2008 about an assistant professor at Harvard Medical School who said he found a chemical that can increase the life span of yeast. The chemical is Resveratrol and researchers have been documenting its amazing properties for years. To read more go to: Anti-aging supplements: Resveratrol
- Carnosine shows promise. It may be effective in areas as diverse as Cataract formation, diabetes and Alzheimer's disease. Click on Carnosine
- A deficiency in a well known vitamin can make for symptomsof dementia, falls, MS, chronic fatigue and dementia. See: Aging or B12 Deficiency?
- Review of DHEA: Is it good for memory?
- Ginko Biloba - an old standby getting a new review
- HGH - Does it work? Is it safe?
- The role Lecithin can play in anti-aging program
- Piracetam -a brain tonic
- Preventing memory loss: the research about Vitamins that help prevent memory loss
Read more Articles about Anti-Aging
Go to HOME